Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Off to India....for real this time!

Well I don't really know how I feel right now; it's tough to explain. I can't really tell if I'm excited or scared or homesick or what. I just know I have had some good experiences in SE Asia that I will never forget. Thailand has been so great. The Pinvises Family has been such a huge blessing to Steven and I. I remember the feeling I had when we first arrived in Thailand.....we had a 18 hour bus ride from Cambodia and I was exhausted. I smelled badly....what I like to call the "traveler's stank." We were lost in a country that I had never been to. We didn't have cell phones or anything. We were starving. Then I saw Ariel and her mother pull up in a car. What a relief. I won't forget that feeling. I just gave Ariel a big hug.....I probably smelled terribly lol.  I had met her maybe twice before that....but I didn't care. I just gave her a big hug. That was a good feeling. They have been so hospitable to us both and have made Thailand so great. They are such a sweet family and I will miss them a lot. Here's a little picture....


This is what Alaina said..."It's a Chinese dragon behind us so I had to smile like a Chinese person." 

Such a sweet family!
Now it's time to say bye to Steven. That will be pretty tough too. We have become even better friends. We have talked a lot about a lot of things...namely girls though :) Steven really needs to get a girlfriend lol He isn't just my friend, but he has been a lot more than that to me this last month. He was my last little bit of home. We spoke only Khmer with one another which was super fun, and made a lot of white people turn their heads  :) We are off to the airport in one hour. I'm really off to India this time. I have a four hour flight to New Delhi then on Friday I fly down to Vizag. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!! Steven and I decided to take a couple finishing pictures for the trip......enjoy!


Did we spend 45 minutes playing a video game? Yes. Worth it? Y'already know

These boots are sick! This is when we went and met the Cambodians in the factory. 
Next entry will be from India. One month down, four to go!


With love, 


Kory

No comments:

Post a Comment